Blitzscaling: The Lightning-Fast Path to Building Massively Valuable Companies
Reid Hoffman, Chris Yeh, Bill Gates (Foreward)
What entrepreneur or founder doesn’t aspire to build the next Amazon, Facebook, or Airbnb? Yet those who actually manage to do so are exceedingly rare. So what separates the startups that get disrupted and disappear from the ones who grow to become global giants?
The secret is blitzscaling: a set of techniques for scaling up at a dizzying pace that blows competitors out of the water. The objective of Blitzscaling is not to go from zero to one, but from one to one billion –as quickly as possible.
When growing at a breakneck pace, getting to next level requires very different strategies from those that got you to where you are today. In a book inspired by their popular class at Stanford Business School, Hoffman and Yeh reveal how to navigate the necessary shifts and weather the unique challenges that arise at each stage of a company’s life cycle, such as: how to design business models for igniting and sustaining relentless growth; strategies for hiring and managing; how the role of the founder and company culture must evolve as the business matures, and more.
Whether your business has ten employees or ten thousand, Blitzscaling is the essential playbook for winning in a world where speed is the only competitive advantage that matters.
PeerSphere: Volume 7, Number 2
PeerSphere is the quarterly e-journal of the Chief Marketing Officer (CMO) Council, an organization dedicated to high-level knowledge exchange, thought leadership and personal relationship building among senior corporate marketing leaders and brand decision-makers across a wide range of global industries. The journal is peer-inspired, peer-driven and peer-influenced and provides insight from global marketing leaders about best practices and strategies in the marketplace.
The latest issue of PeerSphere is now available and covers a wide range of subjects relevant to global marketing leaders and features articles on a variety of pertinent subjects, among them:
- The State of MarTech: Transformation in the Age of Complexity
- A compelling view of how technology can help banks reshape the customer experience by the CMO of Finastra, a $2 billion FinTech leader
- Valuable insights from Harte Hanks on the four most pressing risks facing CMOs when it comes to data and trust
- What marketing can learn from private equity: The need to adopt a mindset centered on value and accountability
- 13 questions that can help marketing teams better align and sync up with corporate strategic goals
- An in-depth Q&A with Nintendo, Yahoo!, KidZania and Frito-Lay marketing leader Cammie Dunaway, now CMO of Duolingo, who also draws on her board member experience at Planet Fitness, Red Robin, Nordstrom Bank, Marketo and Brunswick Corporation
PeerSphere is available on a complimentary basis courtesy of our sponsor, Thomson Reuters. If you would like to get involved in PeerSphere as an interview or profile subject, please contact Managing Editor Mary Anne Hensley regarding any inquiries.Read the Magazine