Allen Adamson and Joel Steckel
The future is closer than you think.
In a world that's changing faster and more furiously than ever, the ability to shift focus is critical.
Why is it that some organizations can continually evolve to meet the times and the marketplace, and others can't? How do some businesses recognize the right moment to shift, and others, ruefully, only after it's too late? Packed with insightful interviews, Shift Ahead offers a smart, calculated approach to knowing when to change course and how to pull it off.
The book brings every internal and external factor into view: competitors, risks, culture, finances, and more. And it taps success stories and cautionary tales--including HBO, Adobe, BlackBerry, National Geographic, NYU, Microsoft, Kodak, and P&G--to explain how to:
- Spot warning signs that it's time for reinvention
- Overcome obstacles in the way of future goals
- Maintain authenticity when changing gears
- Execute a bold change seamlessly
To stay competitive, you must shift; to stay credible, you must focus. Shift Ahead turns this difficult maneuver into a straightforward strategy.Purchase from CMO Council's Bookstore
PeerSphere: Volume 7, Number 2
PeerSphere is the quarterly e-journal of the Chief Marketing Officer (CMO) Council, an organization dedicated to high-level knowledge exchange, thought leadership and personal relationship building among senior corporate marketing leaders and brand decision-makers across a wide range of global industries. The journal is peer-inspired, peer-driven and peer-influenced and provides insight from global marketing leaders about best practices and strategies in the marketplace.
The latest issue of PeerSphere is now available and covers a wide range of subjects relevant to global marketing leaders and features articles on a variety of pertinent subjects, among them:
- The State of MarTech: Transformation in the Age of Complexity
- A compelling view of how technology can help banks reshape the customer experience by the CMO of Finastra, a $2 billion FinTech leader
- Valuable insights from Harte Hanks on the four most pressing risks facing CMOs when it comes to data and trust
- What marketing can learn from private equity: The need to adopt a mindset centered on value and accountability
- 13 questions that can help marketing teams better align and sync up with corporate strategic goals
- An in-depth Q&A with Nintendo, Yahoo!, KidZania and Frito-Lay marketing leader Cammie Dunaway, now CMO of Duolingo, who also draws on her board member experience at Planet Fitness, Red Robin, Nordstrom Bank, Marketo and Brunswick Corporation
PeerSphere is available on a complimentary basis courtesy of our sponsor, Thomson Reuters. If you would like to get involved in PeerSphere as an interview or profile subject, please contact Managing Editor Mary Anne Hensley regarding any inquiries.Read the Magazine