The author of the legendary bestseller Influence, social psychologist Robert Cialdini shines a light on effective persuasion and reveals that the secret doesn’t lie in the message itself, but in the key moment before that message is delivered.
What separates effective communicators from truly successful persuaders? Using the same combination of rigorous scientific research and accessibility that made his Influence an iconic bestseller, Robert Cialdini explains how to capitalize on the essential window of time before you deliver an important message. This “privileged moment for change” prepares people to be receptive to a message before they experience it. Optimal persuasion is achieved only through optimal pre-suasion. In other words, to change “minds” a pre-suader must also change “states of mind.”
PeerSphere: Volume 7, Number 2
PeerSphere is the quarterly e-journal of the Chief Marketing Officer (CMO) Council, an organization dedicated to high-level knowledge exchange, thought leadership and personal relationship building among senior corporate marketing leaders and brand decision-makers across a wide range of global industries. The journal is peer-inspired, peer-driven and peer-influenced and provides insight from global marketing leaders about best practices and strategies in the marketplace.
The latest issue of PeerSphere is now available and covers a wide range of subjects relevant to global marketing leaders and features articles on a variety of pertinent subjects, among them:
- The State of MarTech: Transformation in the Age of Complexity
- A compelling view of how technology can help banks reshape the customer experience by the CMO of Finastra, a $2 billion FinTech leader
- Valuable insights from Harte Hanks on the four most pressing risks facing CMOs when it comes to data and trust
- What marketing can learn from private equity: The need to adopt a mindset centered on value and accountability
- 13 questions that can help marketing teams better align and sync up with corporate strategic goals
- An in-depth Q&A with Nintendo, Yahoo!, KidZania and Frito-Lay marketing leader Cammie Dunaway, now CMO of Duolingo, who also draws on her board member experience at Planet Fitness, Red Robin, Nordstrom Bank, Marketo and Brunswick Corporation
PeerSphere is available on a complimentary basis courtesy of our sponsor, Thomson Reuters. If you would like to get involved in PeerSphere as an interview or profile subject, please contact Managing Editor Mary Anne Hensley regarding any inquiries.Read the Magazine